Full time on 2nd and 3rd Shift and Part Time opportunities on 3rd shift. $5000 hire on bonus eligible.
- Completes staff assignments.
- Coaches staff and assists with evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Processes new admissions including welcoming and orienting residents to their room, community, and roommates if applicable.
- Provides admissions assessments per policy and completes orders accurately, discussing individualized care needs with staff.
- Communicates with interdepartmental teams to respond to resident needs and preferences.
- Responds to families with concerns promptly.
- Participates in plan of care meetings and updates care plans as needed.
- Supervises the orientation of new employees, identifies areas of concern and coaches to improve resident care.
- Is aware of Quality Assurance measures/goals and participates in assisting with needs and interventions.
- Monitors staff for proper following of community policies and procedures, especially those pertaining to infection control, gait belt usage, repositioning residents, and walking to dine.
- Provides accurate documentation and ensures that the assignments on the Licensed MAR are completed.
- Provides treatments as ordered by physicians and documents accordingly.
- Monitors dining experiences of residents and ensures they are served according to need and preference in a timely manner.
- Assists with bedside nursing care. Makes rounds to ensure that resident care is provided.
- Monitors that call lights are answered properly and promptly and responded to appropriately.
- Monitors compliance with CareTracker charting and ensures completion.
- Completes incident reports as needed, according to community policy and procedure.
- Contacts family members of residents regarding changes in residents’ condition and new or changes in orders from physicians.
- Contacts physicians regarding concerns and changes in resident conditions.
- Supervises CMA staff for medication counts and other job duties.
- Makes rounds with the physician and/or associates as needed.
- Follows policy and procedure for using supplies and accounting them to specific resident.
- Dependability – makes every effort to be timely in reporting to duty and report as per schedule. Avoids overtime and follows procedures required to prevent over time.
- Cooperation – maintains a willingness and professional attitude and promotes a positive attitude with staff, residents and families, to achieve maximum resident care.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the KMH policies and applicable laws.
- Able to work and interact professionally and courteously with residents, staff and family members.
- Must be able to communicate adequately in order to understand and address the needs of the residents.
- Must be able read and understand written instructions regarding the care of the residents and able to document in writing the resident responses to treatments.
- Able to relate well with the elderly and exhibit an attitude of kindness and understanding in trying situations.
- Supports administrative policy and KMH philosophy at all times to ensure smooth relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
- Strives to provide genuine home to residents by providing as much choice as possible, focusing on residents’ preferences while putting relationships ahead of tasks.
Demonstrates a positive attitude to residents, visitors, and staff to add value to their lives. Demonstrates sensitivity to particular needs of the elderly and an awareness of the social and emotional climate of which they are a part. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and soundness of moral character. Ability to attend work regularly in a punctual manner. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee information. Required to act and dress professionally. Excellent verbal and writing skills required.
Supervisory assistance for CNAs and CMAs.
Must exhibit the ability to perform various physically demanding and repetitive movements including lifting of heavy objects, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. The position also involves standing, walking, and other activities that require the employee to be one their feet most of the shift.
Education & Experience
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current Kansas Licensure. Previous long-term care experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Uses initiative and judgment in determining and meeting the needs of nursing services in order to ensure quality-nursing care.
- Delta Dental
- KMH paid Life Insurance
- Additional Life
- Critical Illness
- ID/Legal Shield
- Flex Spending
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave