2nd Shift FT and Weekend on all shifts. $1500 Hire On Bonus
- Properly administers medications and ordered treatments according to physician orders.
- Performs daily rounds on neighborhood residents.
- Assists with CNA assignments, as needed according to resident need and preference.
- Performs daily charting on ADLs, behaviors, MARS, and others as appropriate.
- Works to provide an individualized dining experience to residents according to their needs and preferences.
- Assists with orientation of new employees as needed.
- Attends plan of care meetings, as requested.
- Checks out pagers, ensuring proper function at beginning of shift and return at end of shift notifying DON with concerns.
- Dependability – makes every effort to be timely in reporting to duty and report as per schedule. Avoids over time and follows procedures required to prevent over time.
- Cooperation – maintains a willingness and professional attitude and promotes a positive attitude with staff, residents and families, to achieve maximum resident care.
- Supports administrative policy and KMH philosophy at all times to ensure smooth relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
- Strives to provide genuine home to residents by providing as much choice as possible, focusing on residents’ preferences while putting relationships ahead of tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demonstrates leadership skills.
Education & Experience
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current Kansas registration or License or graduate of Certified Medication Aide Program recognized by the State of Kansas with current certification. Awareness of current nursing practices within the limitations of his/her education.
Must be able to communicate adequately in order to understand and address the needs of all residents. Ability to read and understand written instructions regarding the care of residents and be able to document in writing the resident’s response to treatment.
Ability to relate well with the ill elderly and to exhibit an attitude of kindness and understanding in trying situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to perform various physically demanding and repetitive movements, including lifting of heavy objects, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. The position also involves standing, walking and other activities requiring employee to be on their feet most of the work shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Delta Dental
- KMH paid Life Insurance
- Additional Life
- Critical Illness
- ID/Legal Shield
- Flex Spending
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave