ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cuts, washes, styles, and sets residents’ hair, providing nail services and other cosmetology services according to resident need and preference.
- Transports residents to and from beauty shop via wheelchair
- Keeps work area clean and cabinets locked when not in the shop.
- Relates well with residents, families, supervisors and other staff in a professional manner.
- Maintains flexibility with working hours to best meet resident need and preference.
- Supports administrative policy and KMH philosophy at all times to ensure smooth relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
- Strives to provide genuine home to residents by providing as much choice as possible, focusing on residents’ preferences while putting relationships ahead of tasks.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Graduate of a Professional School of Cosmetology with 2 years experience preferred. Long-term care experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate adequately in order to understand and address the needs of residents. Must be able to relate with ill elderly and to exhibit an attitude of kindness and understanding in trying situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must maintain current Kansas Cosmetology Licensure.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform various physically demanding and repetitive movements, including lifting of objects, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. The position also involves standing, walking and other activities requiring employee to be on their feet most of the work shift.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Delta Dental
- KMH paid Life Insurance
- Additional Life
- Critical Illness
- ID/Legal Shield
- Flex Spending
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave