Full Time working 10am-7pm and every other weekend from 6:30am-7pm. Weekend only opportunities available as well!
- Empties wastebaskets and other waste receptacles when full.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area and maintains waste properly in cart.
- Maintains proper cleaning supplies in kitchen area clean and in organized fashion.
- Prepares for meals including cleaning and clearing pantries, setting tables before meals, making coffee, placing beverage pitchers and setting up cold food for service.
- Serves hot food, fruit and salads to residents and other patrons, passes resident trays, and sets up food at table for consumption.
- Busses tables, takes food carts to resident floors and rooms as appropriate, clears dishes as residents finish and cleans tables.
- Refills condiments according to use in dining and pantry areas.
- Dates, labels, and records temperatures of hot and cold foods in log as appropriate.
- Maintains leftover food with proper date according to established standards.
- Cleans dining and preparation areas and equipment used during shift, including steam table, thermal carts, and other equipment.
- Supports the activity efforts on the household as directed
- Dependability – makes every effort to be timely in reporting to duty and report as per schedule. Avoids over time and follows procedures required to prevent over time.
- Cooperation – maintains a willingness and professional attitude and promotes a positive attitude with staff, residents and families, to achieve maximum resident care.
- Supports administrative policy and KMH philosophy at all times to ensure smooth relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
- Strives to provide genuine home to residents by providing as much choice as possible, focusing on residents’ preferences while putting relationships ahead of tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have knowledge of use and care of common kitchen applies as well as general household cleaning chemicals. Must have knowledge of basic principles of serving and handling food and safety and sanitation practices. Must demonstrate honesty, reliability, and soundness of moral character.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Six (6) months or more related experience and/or prior food service or long-term care experience preferred.
Ability to read, speak, write and follow simple oral and written instructions. Ability to effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and staff.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Food Handler’s Card preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or fee; mechanical ability to handle machinery; reach with hands, and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Delta Dental
- KMH paid Life Insurance
- Additional Life
- Critical Illness
- ID/Legal Shield
- Flex Spending
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave