2nd Shift Full Time opportunities as well as Part Time/Weekend opportunities on 1st and 3rd shifts. Hire on Bonus Eligible
- Assigns staff duties as needed for the shift to ensure adequate assistance for residents.
- Regularly reviews medication administration sheets for completeness and accuracy.
- Follows-up on admission paperwork as needed and as directed by Resident Care Coordinator including nursing assessment and development of health services plans.
- Assists with admission paperwork including transcribing medication orders to the medication administration record, and faxing orders to physician and pharmacy as needed.
- Assists with or performs blood glucose monitoring as ordered and pre-fill insulin syringes, observes resident injecting insulin, or administering insulin as ordered.
- Assists CMA staff with administration of residents’ oral medications as needed or administer oral medications in the absence of CMA staff.
- Assists CMA staff with personal care of residents when necessary.
- Reviews the Communication Log from the previous shift and document in that log for the oncoming shift any pertinent information pertaining to residents or events that have taken place.
- Communicates any needs or concerns to the Resident Care Coordinator at first available opportunity.
- Communicates with physicians as needed; receives and carries out physician orders.
- Participates in LPN on call rotation to provide guidance by phone to the CMA staff, as necessary.
- Obtains and carries our discharge orders.
- Adheres to carries our out all KMH and Assisted Living Manor Policies.
- Performs monthly audit of all MARs.
- Ensures that documentation regarding medication errors, and appropriate follow-up is completed accurately and timely.
- Works with all Manor staff to provide home for each resident focusing on individualized resident needs and preferences.
- Maintains confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Promotes the Assisted Living Manor and the KMH in a positive way.
- Promotes teamwork in providing services to the residents.
- Supports administrative policy and KMH philosophy at all times to ensure smooth relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
- Strives to provide genuine home to residents by providing as much choice as possible, focusing on residents’ preferences while putting relationships ahead of tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and good personal hygiene are expected. Must be familiar with disaster management, fire, safety procedures, community referral sources, and nursing standards of practice for older adults. Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, residents, facility operations and personnel.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must maintain current Kansas state license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Good assessment and nursing skills. Experience in working with older adults, assisted living, or long-term care preferred. Experience in supervision of CMAs and CNAs preferred.
Initiative and judgment in determining and meeting the needs of nursing service in order to ensure quality nursing care.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Kansas Licensure from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Delta Dental
- KMH paid Life Insurance
- Additional Life
- Critical Illness
- ID/Legal Shield
- Flex Spending
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave