ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the life enhancement calendar and schedule. This includes outreach programming with the local community. Assist with daily, weekly, monthly and electronic calendars. Insure they are distributed to locations that residents can observe.
- Educates and communicates with staff regarding changes, news, and updates to providing life enhancement in assisted living home environments.
- Provides one-on-one programming for residents who will not or can not plan their own activities.
- Provides on-going training and tracking of the Memory Care BBET program.
- Provides support and direction to maintain the Household Model in the Tower and Manor Households.
- Provides person appropriate programming that is relevant to the specific needs, interests, culture and backgrounds of individual residents.
- Purchases and maintains appropriate equipment and supplies within the budget guidelines.
- Ensures operation of Life Enhancement program is within the budget guidelines.
- Maintains high standards for sanitation and safety.
- Attends scheduled seminars and workshops approved by the Director of IL&AL.
- Maintains good communication with all departments.
- Serves on committees and/or attend meetings as appropriate.
- Supports administrative policy and KMH philosophy at all times to ensure smooth relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
- Strives to provide genuine home to residents by providing as much choice as possible, focusing on residents’ preferences while putting relationships ahead of tasks.
- Transports residents to outside activities with the use of the community van and attend to resident needs during these outings.
Must have great communication skills including ability to read, write, and express self in documentation. Must be creative in planning and organizing resident centered activities, demonstrating a positive attitude to residents, visitors, and staff to add value to their lives. This position should be able to function with a minimum amount of direct supervision and express an attitude of being friendly, patient, and flexible. Ability to attend work regularly in a punctual manner. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee information. Required to act and dress professionally.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous long-term care employment preferred. High School graduate or equivalent. Must be a Certified Activity Director.
Ability to ambulate from one area to another on a timely basis for provision of activities for all residents, regardless of any physical or mental handicaps. Must have good manual dexterity for providing the necessary activity programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Normal work week is M-F 8:00a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend hours as needed or requested.
- Delta Dental
- KMH paid Life Insurance
- Additional Life
- Critical Illness
- ID/Legal Shield
- Flex Spending
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave